NOW SEEKING SPONSORS AND VENDORS!
The rain-or-shine event is an exciting showcase of both the history and continued tradition of manufacturing in Glens Falls and the surrounding region.
The current national trend of shopping locally is embodied by a number of manufacturers who create value right here in the City, just as the McMullen-Leavens Company did at the Shirt Factory building from 1902 to 1976, and as the building’s more than 70 tenants continue to do today.
Click here to read an open letter to area manufacturers from Eric Unkauf,
owner of the Shirt Factory and owner of KMA, manufacturing in Glens Falls for 18 years.
What is LocalFest?
LocalFest is a celebration of all things locally made.The second annual event, scheduled for Saturday, September 7, 2013, from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m., takes place at the historic Shirt Factory at the corner of Lawrence and Cooper Streets in Glens Falls, New York. The building was once home to the McMullen-Leavens Company, one of the nation’s greatest shirt and dress manufacturers. Today the building continues this tradition of artistry and excellence by providing a home to more than 80 artists and artisans’ studios, shoppes, galleries and creative and healing services.
Glens Falls is truly a unique city in that it has a strong history of manufacturing that continues to contribute to and shape the community. The current national trend of shopping locally is embodied by communities like Glens Falls which not only features many independent businesses but also boasts a number of manufacturers who create value right here in the City, just as the McMullen-Leavens Company did from 1902 to 1976.
In addition to an showcase of the rich offerings of the Shirt Factory’s tenants for shoppers and visitors, LocalFest features:
- A presentation on the history of manufacturing in Glens Falls
- A full day of homegrown live music outside on the lawn
- Glens Falls manufacturers exhibiting their wares and explaining their manufacturing process
- Local writers offering readings and book signings of copies of their works for sale
- Guest artists and artisans
- Food vendors and restaurateurs from the local area
- Local arts and non-profit organizations offering children’s activities and educational information
Why should I sponsor?
Sponsoring is a unique way to advertise, with your name and logo attached to a successful, growing community event. Show folks that you’re a locally-minded business or organization and sponsor today!
We send press releases to a list of 50 media professionals, listing it in online calendars and seeking print sponsorship. We seek interviews and put out public service announcements in advance of the event, and we will be promoting on Facebook and Twitter as well as our website and mailing list. Our many tenants will also be promoting the event to their fan bases and on their Facebook Pages. Our promotional materials include banners hung at the Shirt Factory, flyers and postcards and a digital image that we will circulate via social media.
Bronze Sponsor ($100)
Named as a sponsor in press release and Facebook event, name and link to your website from our website, your name on banners hung at the event, complimentary booth and thanked at event opening.
Silver Sponsor ($500)
The above plus:
+ Your name on posters and postcards
+ Your logo on banners hung at the event
Gold Sponsor ($1,000)
The above plus:
+ Your logo on posters and postcards
+ Prominent logo on banners hung at the event
+ One two-minute advertisement (opportunity to speak) during set breaks at the event
Platinum Sponsor ($2,000)
The above plus:
+ Three two-minute advertisements (opportunity to speak) during set breaks at the event,
+ Prominent logo on all advertising including flyers and postcards
+ Named as a main sponsor in press release
+ Your own banner hung at the event
+ Thanked in radio advertisements
Sponsorship applications are due by June 1, 2013. APPLICATION DEADLINE EXTENDED TO JULY 1!
How can I exhibit?
The event showcases businesses and artisans who are manufacturing locally, whether it be paper, cement, TV listings, catheters, baked goods, beer, soda, ice cream, produce, art, fine craft, metal, food… the sky’s the limit!
We invite you to join us as part of the colorful tapestry of local manufacturing.
- Businesses provide informational and promotional material about their company, to demonstrate their manufacturing process and to recruit new hires.
- Artists and artisans may sell their wares and offer demonstrations of their technique.
- Food and beverage producers and restaurateurs may sell their items as refreshments for the event and offer information about their process and promotions for their business.
- Non-profit and cultural organizations are invited to table the event at a discounted rate of $25. This fee is waived if the organization offers a free interactive activity for children
Exhibitor applications are due by July 15, 2013.
What do I need to know, as an exhibitor?
- LocalFest is scheduled for Saturday, September 7, 2013 from 10 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- It is a rain-or-shine event.
- The Shirt Factory is located at the corner of Lawrence and Cooper Streets in Glens Falls, New York. Using GPS? Look us up at 71 Lawrence Street, Glens Falls, NY 12801.
- It is an outdoor event.
- Bring your own tent, table and chair. These are not provided.
- Your booth size is 10′ x 10′ square.
- Please help us promote. We will have posters and postcards for you by August 1, 2013.
SET UP AND TAKE DOWN
- Set up is from 8 to 10 a.m. We ask that you have your booth completely set up by 10 a.m.
- Please check-in at the Shirt Factory Information Booth, located in the courtyard by the Lawrence Street entrance. Here you will be given a welcome packet and a copy of the map.
- You will be able to drive into the courtyard to unload but after unloading, all vendors are required to park away from the building. We will direct you to a parking lot within walking distance that you can use. Do not park in the Shirt Factory parking lots! We must leave parking spaces open for visitors.
- Take down is from 5 to 7 p.m. Please do not begin taking down until 5 p.m.
- If selling food or beverage, you will need the proper permits.
- We require a copy with the application. Please be in touch with us if you are unsure about what the proper permits are.
- If selling items, you will need to register to collect sales tax and display your Certificate of Authority in your booth.
- Booth fees are not refundable in the case of inclement weather or if the vendor cancels within 2 weeks of the event.
- We reserve the right to reject applications for any reason. In the case of a rejection, the booth fee is refundable. Please make checks payable to Shirt Factory Gallery.