Enter by March 1, 2014, to have your work considered for our second annual Juried Show of Small Works! We are accepting applications online via onlinejuriedshows.com: Click here to enter.
Entry deadline: Saturday, March 1
Awards reception: Friday, April 4, 5 to 7 p.m.
The show runs April 4 to 26, 2014
Theme and Eligibility:
Small Works. Maximum dimension in any direction is 12 inches. Maximum frame size is 16 inches.
This is an open call opportunity; media may include sculpture, photography, painting, printmaking, pastel, digital art, clay, etc. Work must be ready to hang or display. Works not ready to hang will not be included in the show.
- Artists are encouraged to attend the reception.
- Original artwork only. All submissions must be for sale.
The juror is John Hampshire, Artist and Professor of Art, SUNY Adirondack. First prize is $250 cash. Additional prizes will be awarded, including $50 cash from Advokate and $50 gift card from Samantha’s Cafe and Catering.
- A maximum of 3 pieces may be submitted for jurying. Image filenames must be labeled with the artist’s name and numbers corresponding to a list of works (Example:John_Smith_01_Title.jpg).
- Files must be in .jpg format at 72 dpi and 1920 pixels on the longest side. The total size of the attached files should not exceed 2 MB. Images should be high quality, clear, accurate representations of the artist’s work.
- For help in photographing your work and image sizes, see the help page.
- Images and entry fees will be handled through www.onlinejuriedshows.com
Notification: Artists will be notified of jury results by email during the week of March 10, 2014. Prizewinners will be announced at the reception on Friday, April 4, 2014, from 5 to 7 p.m.
Publicity: The Shirt Factory will publicize the show and reception regionally via email marketing, paid print advertising, press releases, website and social media promotion.
Commission: The Shirt Factory Gallery collects a 30% commission for artwork sales. Artists’ checks will be mailed in May.
Each work is insured to a reasonable amount while turned over to the care of the Shirt Factory Gallery. Items will be handled with the utmost care; however, Shirt Factory Gallery will not be held liable for damage as a result of workmanship or design. Artists are responsible for shipping to and from the Gallery and for insuring work while in transit. Artists are also responsible for providing work that is sturdy and durable for necessary hanging purposes.
Artist agrees to allow Shirt Factory Gallery to photograph works for promotional purposes.
Nonrefundable Jurying Fee:
Jurying fee is to be $35 for two submissions or $45 for three, payable to Shirt Factory Gallery.
Drop-off and Pick-up:
Accepted work can be dropped off at the Shirt Factory Gallery between 12 noon and 5 p.m. Wednesday through Saturday, March 26through March 29, 2014. Shipped works are due March 28, 2014 or sooner.
Unsold artwork must be picked up between 12 noon. and 5 p.m. on Wednesday, Thursday, Friday or Saturday, April 30 – May 3, 2014. Shipped work will be returned after April 28, 2014.
Shipped entries must include return shipping paid for by the artist. All shipping is the responsibility of the artist.
All work must be ready to hang with wire attached to back of frame.
The Shirt Factory Gallery, established in February 2012, primarily serves as a welcome center and showcase of works created by our resident artists at The Shirt Factory, a historic building, brought to new life, which now houses more than 60 artist studios, shops, galleries and services. Its clean, modern design features an open floor format with a small annex.
First prize is $250 cash, awarded by juror John Hampshire. Additional prizes were awarded by sponsors.
Some of our sponsored prizes are:
• $50 cash from Advokate. Criteria: Originality and emotion.
• $50 gift certificate to Samantha’s Cafe and Catering. Criteria: Creative composition, originality and technical impression.
• $25 cash and $25 gift certificate to Bjsartworks Framing Gallery Studio. Criteria: Framing and presentation.
This is a fantastic sponsorship opportunity! Donate cash or a gift card in ANY AMOUNT and receive a ton of great publicity, and enjoy a Champagne preview where you can select your own award recipient!