Thank you to all who participated in our inaugural Juried Show! Bookmark this page for info on our 2014 Juried Show, or express your interest in entering by contacting us.
The show runs from March 1 to 31, 2013. Gallery Hours are Thursdays, Fridays and Saturdays from 11 a.m. to 6 p.m.
“From witty to sardonic, from the exquisitely beautiful to the astonishing and bizarre, the works selected for the Shirt Factory’s first annual juried exhibition speak to currents in contemporary art by some of the brightest talent in our community and region,” says our juror Erin Coe.
Chosen works are in all types of eclectic media, representing not only the more traditional media of oil, photography, pastel, clay, ink, stone, printmaking and colored pen – but equally including the offbeat, such as forks, shoe polish, foam, gourds, gold leaf, cut paper, grapevine tendrils, newspaper, silicone rubber, found objects and many incarnations of mixed media.
Selected artists include locals Jon Segan, Russell Serrianne, Ruth Sauer, Zack Zoll, Victoria Palermo, Marika McCoola, Serena Kovalosky, Diane Swanson, Jeffrey Anderson, Gary McCoola, Paul Kant, Corey Pitkin, Mark Schrader, Christopher Phelps, Wayne Smith, Joy Muller-McCoola, Louisa Lippard, Jeanne Noordsy, Robin Blakney-Carlson, Laura Neadle and others, as well as entrants from across the Northeast.
The reception also celebrates the establishment of a gift shop area of the Gallery to show off gift items created by the resident artisans of the Shirt Factory, as well as other themed items such as Shirt Factory tee shirts, a book about the building’s history, cards and more.
The Gallery is located on the first floor in Suite 120 at the loading dock entrance of the Shirt Factory at the corner of Lawrence and Curran Streets in Glens Falls, New York.
First prize was $250 cash, awarded by juror Erin Coe. Additional prizes were awarded by the sponsor as follows:
- Rock Hill Bakehouse sponsors a $50 cash prize and VIP Lunch For Two and Loafer Certificate (value $100)
- Advokate sponsors a $50 cash prize
- JAG/Jeff Anderson Gallery sponsors $50 for his favorite photographic print
- JAG/Jeff Anderson Gallery sponsors $50 for our favorite equine-themed or animal-themed piece of any medium
- O’Brien Insurance sponsors a $100 cash gift card
- SensibiliTeas sponsors two $50 gift certificates
- The Guild of Adirondack Artists sponsors a $100 prize
- BJSArtworks Framing Gallery sponsors a $50 gift certificate for overall presentation and framing design
- Sterling & Co. sponsors a $50 gift certificate